Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Closing out the year

I'll be closing out my golf for the year at a couple of events I've scheduled at Secession Golf Club in the coming weeks. It's been a great year, one I've caught a lot of joking about. After all, I've played Pinehurst, Pebble Beach, Cypress Point, Bandon Dunes' three courses, traveled to Scotland and played Royal Troon and Turnberry Ailsa, battled in Member Guests and Scratch events...what a great year.

This space, however, will begin taking on a slightly different tone in the coming weeks. I plan to deal with some of the issues facing the golf industry in all of the areas that interest me and those where our customers go to market. "Golfology," I call it, and as such it's the "broader science of golf," of which "Golfography" is a subset.

One of the things we'll be watching is the LPGA Tour, which, I believe, will become the hot sponsor, spectator and viewer ticket in the coming couple of years. The talent there is phenomenal, and the people who'll be watching will be fascinated. Opinions abound (just ask my friend Rick Hall what he thinks of Michelle Wie), but my gut tells me this is going to be big.

In the meantime, I'll still write about where I play, just, I'm sure, not quite as often as in 2005...probably because I won't be playing as much.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home